Data Analyst, Data Engineer, and Data Scientist – these are the often echoed job descriptions in the current Information Technology as these are in demand and also lucrative in terms of money. Are you looking to excel in the field of Data Science? Or looking for a job change for a hike in salary? Of course, when it comes to a job it might change according to the roles and responsibilities that the person takes, but let’s take a look at these job designations and which one suits you best. For that let’s understand the job roles by taking a deep dive into that.
Who is a Data Analyst?
Data Analysts might perceive an impression as the low-level designation in the Data Science job hierarchy, but a Data Analyst is the one who delivers the value for the companies by taking up the data from various sources. The data taken by the Data Analyst can be used to answer questions, and also be used to communicate the results to help to make the business decisions. Data cleaning, creating data visualizations, and performing data analysis are few of the daily tasks done by a Data Analyst. Undergo Data Science training in Chennai to land a Data Analyst job as there is a huge demand for Data Science candidates now.
- Roles and responsibilities of a Data Analyst daily,
- Cleaning and organizing the raw data
- Getting the big-picture view of the extracted data using techniques like descriptive statistics.
- Analyzing the interesting trends that are present in the data.
- Creating dashboards and visualizing to help the company interpret and help the company to make a decision based on that.
- Presenting the results achieved from the technical analysis to the internal teams and business clients.
A Data Analyst brings significant value for both the non-technical and technical teams of an organization,
Who is a Data Engineer?
A Data Engineer establishes the foundation from the data provided by the Data Analyst and the Data Scientist, here Data Engineers are the ones who are responsible for data pipelines and are often made to use the complex techniques and tools to handle data that are in large scale. In contrast to the two other Data Engineer role is more leaned towards Engineering and Software Development skills.
A Data Engineer’s work is more focused on building and optimization, few of the tasks are listed below that a Data Engineer will be involved in a daily routine:
- Building APIs (Application Protocol Interface) for data consumption
- Integrating new datasets or external into the existing data pipeline
- Applying transformation features for machine learning models on the new data
- Continuously testing and monitoring the entire system to ensure the performed with optimization.
Who is a Data Scientist?
A Data Scientist is the one who provides immense value by tackling questions that are open-ended and leverages the advanced algorithms and statistics, if the Data Analyst focuses on understanding the data in the perspectives of past and present, then the Scientist is all set to focus on producing the most reliable predictions for the future. Along with this, a Data Scientist is will be working on uncovering the hidden insights just by leveraging both unsupervised (anomaly detections, clustering, neural networks) and supervised (classification, regression) learning methods along with their machine learning methods. Data Science training in Chennai has significantly increased as there are a large number of vacancies available in the Information Technology market now. This will help you to learn algorithms and the methods that are used in real-time.
Below are the few lists of works performed by a Data Scientists daily,
- Determining the validity of analyses by evaluating the statistical model,
- Building a better predictive algorithm with the help of machine learning.
- Continuously improving accuracy and also testing the models using machine learning.
- Summarizing the conclusion of advanced analyses by building data visualization.
Data Scientists often bring a new approach and also a perspective to understand the data, while a Data Analyst can describe the trends and also translate the results into the business terms and the scientist can build models to make predictions based on the data that is received as new.
Now, we’ve been through the three data-driven careers, and it is up to you to decide which data related job suits you the best based on your interest. A good Data Engineer saves a lot of time and effort for the organization and the Data Analyst and Data Scientists will also provide enough revenue and profit for the company. The future is more dependent on Data Science as it helps to predict the future for a business and also helps to take necessary action based on the prediction.And there is no wonder that Data Science has got a huge demand in the future.